Friday, December 19, 2008

Making Christmas Kielbasa

For as long as I can remember, every year at both Christmas & Easter, my Dad would make homemade Kielbasa & bread. Last night, my brother came over & him & my Dad got to work on 20 lbs. of Polish sausage! The entire house smelled like garlic & pepper all night long! The girls were very interested in what Uncle Matt & Dziadzi were doing, but we tried to keep them out of the dining room while they worked. It took them about 2 1/2 hours to finish all the rings, which wasn't too bad! If you are interested in a ring or two for Easter, just let me know & I'm sure Dad can make one for you too at Easter time! Here's some pics from the sausage stuffing:

Dad & Matt getting ready to make the first ring of sausage.

Matt stuffing in the ground pork into the machine.

Working patiently & making sure they are just right.

All the sausage that Dad & Matt made - all ready for Christmas!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a great tradition! I bet it is good too!